- 2022.12 MB SD Connect C5 Star Diagnosis Tool with DOIP Plus DELL D630 Laptop With Vediamo and DTS Engineering Software
—With the Dell D630’s dedicated serial port, there was no issue for me…. it was plug and play… I just loaded the HDD from the Seller into my Dell and all I needed to do was activate WIS/EPC and XENTRY/DAS with “activation keys”… I only use the Dell for mb star sd c4 purposes…
—Bought an older Dell D630 laptop with a serial port and plan on buying MB SD Star C4 directly installed in a Dell D630 hard drive. No Virtual Machine issues.
—Mercedes Benz Star diagnosis C3 / C4 actually specifies the computer or tablet used in the SDS environment… The T30 is rather slow but will get the job done.
—If your ever in the market for a faster SDS laptop, the Dell 630 with at least 2Ghz and the speed improvement especially when using Xentry is like night and day.
—the HDD that is pre-loaded with the software for SD Connect 4 by the Seller, is inserted into the DELL D630… The DELL D630 is the fastest laptop with the RS232 feature.
—Need to connect directly into a RS232 port without using an interface – this is why I went for the complete system with laptop.
—The software Xentry/ DAS is a bit slow on an old IBM so that it is worth paying a bit extra and getting a Dell D630.
—There is a very specific set of COM ports you must use for it to work. For example you need DAS to be looking at COMx within the VM session, then VMware needs to redirect that to COMx which is a ‘physical’ serial port on your machine.
—It’s probably because it has a real com port. Most laptops these days have just a USB port and things don’t always work right if you’re using a USB to RS-232 converter. You wouldn’t want to brick a component during an update if you’re using USB. The other option would be to get a C4 system, but then they cost more. I think there are a couple other systems out there like IBM that also have real com ports.
—The PART D mux(C3) is a serial ported mux—that’s the reason for the Dell and IBM older laptops.
—The PART W mux(SD connect C4) is and Ethernet/wifi connected system and that is the reason for use on other laptops—the issue is the operating system currently DAS Xentry only runs on XP.
—Plug and play!! It is more convenient for users because the software for C3/SD C4 diagnostic tool will be pre-installed before delivery.
Here are MB STAR diagnostic kits (tool+laptop) for sale:
- V2022.12 MB Star SD Connect C5 DOIP + V2022.12 BMW ICOM NEXT + VAS 5054A 3in1 Diagnostic Tool With Lenovo T420 Laptop
- V2022.12 MB SD Connect C4/C5 Star Diagnosis DOIP Plus Lenovo X220 I5 4G Laptop With Vediamo and DTS Engineering Software
- 2022.12 MB SD C5 Star Diagnostic Tool DOIP With Super Engineering Software DTS monaco And Vediamo Plus EVG7 Tablet PC
- V2022.12 MB SD Connect C5 PLUS MB Star Diagnostic Tool Support DOIP Plus Lenovo X220 Laptop With Engineering Software