Until now, different systems for BMW diagnostic tool vehicle diagnosis (ISTA) and programming (ISTA/P) have been used. This means it was necessary to change systems several times when repairing a vehicle using software.
ISTA+ has been expanded so that all the required programming functions for the series F, G and I are integrated.
E-series vehicles still have to be programmed using ISTA/P!
The functions relevant for programming can be accessed via the following menus:
● Software update
● Comfort – as per the suggested measures plan
● Advanced – with broadened scope
● Additional software (range of functions is not active yet)
● Control unit replacement
● Before exchange (preparation) – control unit read-out for the exchange
● After exchange (subsequent evaluation) – control unit configuration after exchange
● Vehicle modification
● Conversion o Conversion (only coding)
● Back fitting
● Immediate measures